Window Tint is available in different types and degrees of visible light transmission ensuring the right film for your needs
The Benefits of Window Tint
- Driving comfort and energy savings - The window tint reduces the ambient temperature in the vehicle by deflecting direct sunlight. The inside of your vehicle will be more comfortable without the need for constant air-conditioning.
- Barrier against harmful UV rays - A tinted window stops 99.9% of incoming UV rays. These can be harmful in large amounts, especially to children. UV rays can also deteriorate your dash and seats.
- Safer driving - Glare is significantly reduced through a tinted window providing a more consistent visibility to the driver.
- Shatter protection - In an accident or an act of vandalism the glass can shatter creating many small pieces. Window tint holds shattered glass in place, protecting you and your family from harm.
- Enhanced privacy – With a tinted window it is more difficult to see inside your vehicle, making it harder for people to see contents in your car and providing added privacy
- Customized look – A fully tinted vehicle can enhance the look of your car.
We deal with two manufacturers, SolarGard-Saint-Gobain and Xpel. Both companies have a high quality, diverse product offering. Based on our many years of experience and thousands of tinted vehicles we can recommend the best solution for you.
The main consideration for customers is to select the is the amount of Visible Light Transmittance (VLT). Customer will refer to this simply as “percent tint”, for example, “I want 20% tint”. The lower the number the less visible light.
The province of Ontario, as stated in section 73(3) of Ontario Highway Traffic Act prohibit tinting windshields with any film that would reduce VLT. The front left and right windows should not have more than a 30% tint.
There are three main types of film:
Dyed: This is the most common film used in the industry and is constructed of multiple layers of dye. The dye absorbs solar heat and prevents some of the heat from entering your vehicle.
Metallic: Made from a hybrid dye-metal construction, this film rejects more heat than a dyed film.
Ceramic: The film contains a blend of ceramic particles that act as a solid barrier to infrared heat. The multilayer construction provides ultra-high performance without reducing outbound visibility.